<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Kid's Lit 

It's official, because American Farmer agrees with me. Today's kids books aren't as good as from my time. My books had plot and characters. Todays books lack plot. Nothing happens.

Last night, as I was reading some books to the kids, I had a revelation. I finally figured out what bothers me about modern children’s literature.

There’s no story to most of these books.

No protagonist, no antagonist, no dramatic tension, no conflict, no resolution, no climax… nothing at all. Typically just animals talking to each other, doing cute yet utterly pointless things.

Comments:
"if we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children" - Mohandas Ghandi

Ruben
twitter.com/redstarvip
 
Uh...huh.

Read The Children's Story by James Clavell.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?