<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I ask and my library answers 

I was starting to despair last night, going through the hundreds of pages of graduate papers I'd written on killology, staring at a dozen binders choked with studies on combat, stress, trauma, war, and killing, and wondering how in Athena's name I was going to turn all of this into an outline of a book, much less a book proposal or a completed manuscript.

I found I own a copy of William Germano's From Dissertation to Book. It's lovely.

Maybe this is one of the benefits of mania Jamieson mentions in An Unquiet Mind when she talks of buying sprees. I don't remember when I bought this books. Maybe finding it is a benefit of ADD and compulsive reordering, as I've been shuffling and reshuffling sections of shelves (though I haadn't gone near this one).

Maybe, like so many things in my life right now, it's just serendipity.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?