<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The A-List 

I've avoided this teen series like I've avoided most of its kind. Beautiful, rich, high schoolers with too much free time, too many drugs, too many high-strung emotions, and too many catty, meaningless plots. But the A-List is different. It is published by Alloy Media, a subsidiary of Alloy Marketing. The book is a vehicle designed to spread brand name awareness of clothing designers,cosmetics manufacturers, and fashion magazines.

"Ooh, I read about what brands the (fictional) cool kids were using..."

Obviously, I had to find myself a copy and read it. I've only just started. I'm being introduced to characters and back story (the book I have is from the middle of the series). I can't help but wonder how the author will squeeze the plot in between all the branding references.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?