<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Therapy 

Some people buy clothes when they feel sad. I buy books.If I had to justify it, I'd say I like the distance and intimacy of words. I like carrying a stack of books, the weights against my chest like a hug from a friend, the glad anticipation of escaping and learning, and the familiar sounds and smells of the store itself.

But I don't have to justify it.

Some women buy bags and bags of clothes. Some by shoes. Some throw themselves into cooking, and some binge on ice cream.

I buy books.

Comments:
By the way...if you haven't discovered this yet you MUST check out paperbackswap.com. It will cut down your book costs if you can find what you want on there. I'm a book swapping fanatic (about 50 or so in the last two months).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?