<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tam's good with words 

Tam's had some great book quotes, which I am reproducing shamelessly:
To me, that's when you know you're reading a great read; when you notice the part of the book in your right hand is noticeably slimmer than that in your left, and you slow down as much as you can to stretch out the magic of the story.
That's from here.
One morning at a gun show, just before the show opened, my boss noticed me with my nose in a book and asked "Whatchoo doin' there? You a bookworm?" Not ten minutes later, someone strolled over to our tables and asked an obscure technical question. Without looking up, I piped up with the answer and my boss, completely without irony, asked "How do you know all that stuff?" I nearly bit my lip off choking back the cascade of smartass replies that sprang immediately to mind. "See the squiggly black marks between the covers here? They're a secret code that conveys information."
Full story (and read the full story) here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?