<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 21, 2006

Free radio 

Once again not books but speech.

Anyone who reads this blog knows I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative either, though - I'm a lower-case libertarian. And a fledgling gun nut.

I listen to NRAnews at work. Or at home, depending on where I am from 3-6 PM EST. I've had the priviledge of meeting the host, Cam Edwards, and I think he's a great man and admire what he's doing.

A line from "America's 1st Freedom" (published by the NRA) implies that NRAnews may go off the air once the McCain-Feingold law regulating who can speak about candidates near elections (the media and the candidates) is repealed or ruled unconstitutional. I really hope this doesn't portend the death of NRAnews.

I have my problems with the NRA. Most people do. But speech? Speech, no matter how funded, needs to be free. Period.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?