<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Coolest Feeling 

...the coolest feeling is reading a mostly-academic book in a field I love (in this case, military psychology, specifically, the act of killing in war as a trigger for post-traumatic stress disorder) and not only regocnizing the names and works referenced but realizing that I've read them to - and sometimes come to slightly different conclusions, but the author explains himself so well that I can see his conclusions too.

I'm reading War and the Soul by Edward Tick, Ph.D. I'm recognizing the works of Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, Richard Gabriel, Jonathan Shay, and some more "classical" writers like Carl Jung, Sun Tzu, Ernest Hemingway, Homer, and Mircea Eliade. I feel so - educated, but more than that, I feel like I can do more than simply read and absorb this book; I can evaluate it as well.

Killology and psychology may be a strange field for a girl to get into, but I'm in it. I've read lots. And it's starting to pay off.

The book, by the way, is excellent so far. I'm a third of the way through. I'll give a final judgement at the end,

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?