<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 22, 2005

Something to prove 

From Acidman:

I gotta ask a few questions. I look around today and I see a lot of spoiled-assed people running around acting as if they know their asses from a hole in the ground when they don't. Life is just too soft anymore.

1) How many of you people know how to drive a vehicle with MANUAL TRANSMISSION?

Sadly, no, but I keep meaning to learn.

2) How many of you people can make popcorn on the STOVE, in a POT, the old-fashioned way?

Yes.

3) How many of you people ever saw a drive-in movie?

No, but I'm not a fan of movies in general.

4) How many of you people know how to bake a potato without using a microwave oven?

Can I cook it with a campfire? If so, then yes.

5) How many of you people can build a fire, first time every time, in the woods? Even when it's raining?

Not in the rain.

6) How many of you people know how to skip a rock?

Used to. It's been years, though.

7) How many people know the way to tell when a watermelon is ripe without touching it in the field?

No clue.

8) How many of you people ever handled a firearm and hit what you shot at, without being "afraid" of the gun?

Yes.

9) How many of you people take care of yourselves without relying on government to do that job for you?

Yes. Despite the government, I'd even say.

10) How many people ever stood up to a bully and never had to fight him again? Even when you lost the fight. How many people have balls enough to do that today?

Yes, but I didn't lose.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?