<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 04, 2005

caffeine 

A babysitter gave me coca-cola for the first time when I was about 6 mo. My parents were at his parents' place, and he was "watching" me. The poor boy was about 12, and my mom told him that once I was down for the night, I never woke up.

The exception proves the rule. I woke up the one night mom wasn't there.

So the poor boy didn't know what to do with this screaming baby, couldn't reach over the top of the crib to pick me up, and decided (in his infinite wisdom) to give me something to drink. He found a bottle easily enough. And a can of coke.

My parents came home to see him reaching through the bars of my crib, holding a bottle full of coke for me. I drank it all, and passed out.

To this day, caffeine knocks me out.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?